Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bankok Arrival

Thursday, September 07, 2006
Bangkok Category: Travel and Places
Well, we made it! We arrived in Bangkok yesterday afternoon after flying for hours and hours and hours. By the time we found a place to say (The Sawadee House...remember Mel?) we were pretty tired. That didn't stop us from accomplishing two very important tasks: Pad Thai w/egg, and a Thai Massage! The Pad Thai was exactly how I remembered it...it still costs 20 baht and the massage was even better than I remembered. She stretched and pulled and worked every muscle in my body! I think she managed to take most of the kinks from flying out. We're going to get massages again today. Why not wne they only cost $3.50?!
This morning Ry and I went on a little adventure. We had to pick up our plane tickets from a travel agency and didnt want to hassel with negociating a taxi ride. We decided to take public transportation over to the area. What a good idea that was! We rode along the river in a water taxi which allowed us to see all the temples along the way. The river is a muddy brown color, nothing you'd want to swim in, but it manages to look picturesque with golden spires along its borders and lots of floating green plants to add color. It was a nice ride. We took the sky train the rest of the way. I dont remember using the sky train last time. It is very clean and new and efficient. People wait in nice single file lines to get on and when the train comes everyone calmly enters! That is VERY different from trains I've taken in Korea,Malasia or even New York!
We are going to be taking a bus to Krabi tonight. I'm ready for some beach time! But first I have to go get another thai massage...and maybe a facial too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home